Here are some of the other benefits you’ll enjoy as a member:
• SCAS is THE professional society of aquatic scientists in Canada – there is no better way to expand your network and stay connected with colleagues than as a member of SCAS.
• Your membership comes with a discounted registration fee for the premier aquatic sciences conference in Canada (formerly CCFFR-SCL, now SCAS!).
• A bi-annual newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox.
• Free job postings for members, with the option to receive regular alerts for new postings on our website!
• Professional development opportunities for students, practitioners, decision makers and scientists.
• Preferential access to workshop and training registration.
• Benefits from the partnership with Canadian Science
Publishers (CJFAS and Facets), including discounted rates for subscriptions to CSP journals, promotion of SCAS members’ works on CSP communication channels, and more.
• Membership fees support important SCAS initiatives such as student travel and awards for scientific excellence, commitments to EDI, and communication.
The uniqueness of SCAS lies in our diversity, inclusivity, and the connectivity that comes with a focused dedication to Canadian aquatic environments. We welcome new members with open arms, whether you plan on joining our committees, are interested in nominations for board Executive membership to be a part of leading the aquatic science community in Canada, have ideas for workshops or courses, can contribute to our newsletter, or seek opportunities to inform, educate, interact and network with aquatic scientists, resource managers, policy makers and practitioners across Canada. Join us, expand your connections, and have fun promoting sound aquatic sciences, management, and conservation in Canada!